LACES Untied

LACES Untied

LACES Untied

Just Ask Z

I have been liking this guy for a while now at school. What is the best way to confess you like someone? When is the right time to do it? What do I do if they don’t feel the same way? 

Z’s Advice: Many people experience this situation where they don’t know if expressing their feelings is the right thing to do or the right timing. Since I was little, I would never confess to the person I liked because I was shy too, and that can apply to most people because, yes, it is scary. If you want to confess to someone you like, just do it. There will never be the perfect timing to do so at all either, and if they don’t feel the same way, you move on from that. 

I noticed that my environment changed my productivity. How do you stay productive in any setting?

Z’s Advice: To stay productive in any setting, I put on headphones while watching my favorite show because I need some background noise while doing homework or if I am working on something significant. However, this might not be the case for some. According to, Why Office Noise Bothers Some People More than Others by Zaria Gorvett from www.bbc.com, “Though your personality and the wiring of your brain can have an impact, it mainly seems to affect the degree to which you are disturbed by noise; most studies have found that everyone is better at complex tasks in total silence.” They have found that the reasons for this can come down to two things: the fact that background noise has sounds that are similar to the sounds in your head or it is just the way your own brains handle information when it comes to completing important tasks. “I think it is crucial to have a routine, set up systems that create success, and have a set schedule. Pretty much predictivity and keeping up with that routine,” said Hannah Bocarsly, a public social worker at LACES.