LACES Untied

LACES Untied

LACES Untied

Colleges on Campus

Upcoming+College+visits+are+posted+on+a+bulletin+board+in+the+orange+building.+
Mia Orr
Upcoming College visits are posted on a bulletin board in the orange building.

With students getting into the groove of everything on campus, it is now time for our high schoolers to start thinking about their futures, particularly the colleges they are thinking of applying to for their senior year. The application season can be a very stressful and tiring time for LACES seniors, with taking into account the aspects of going out of state or staying in state, financial aid, residency, and more.

LACES is prepared to help these students who may need help get the help that they so desire. The upcoming college visits during September, October, and November are there to help the students gain an in-person perspective of the colleges they are interested in. Representatives come into the college center from different campuses to offer the students a view of their life in their college and what it means to be part of the community. They have helpful advice to give such as what it is like to live on the campus, the diversity, and how they adjusted to life as a college student. Even some are former LACES students themselves, ready to speak on how LACES helped them prepare for college life! 

Former LACES student, now a college freshman, gave their thoughts on how the college visits helped with their final decision. Lucas Jia, a LACES graduate of the Class of 2023, gave the following statement regarding the visits: “They provided me tons of useful information for the simple cost of missing a class. I made sure to go to plenty.”

Adding on, college counselor Ms. Mackey highlighted the benefits of the college visits: “You get a chance to learn more about what they offer, what they provide, in terms of their majors, in terms of their different organizations, and what housing looks like.” 

The College Center serves as a place for students to go to for questions, whether they are in middle or high school. With the center now being used to host college visits over the next two months, it will be able to aid students with whatever questions they have about college life.

View Comments (2)
Donate to LACES Untied

Your donation will support the student journalists of LACES Magnet. Your contribution will allow us to purchase equipment and cover our annual website hosting costs.