LACES Untied

LACES Untied

LACES Untied

Painting a Picture of Mr. Alexander

Meet LACES’ new administrator
Mr.+Alexander.
Taizo Nakayama
Mr. Alexander.

This fall, LACES welcomed Mr. Brandy Alexander to the administrative staff. After an impressive 28 years in LAUSD, Mr. Alexander is joining Mr. Jacob and Mr. Rivas as an assistant principal here at LACES. 

“I was a coach at my past school, and anytime I’d see [LACES] at games, there was such a huge amount of school spirit, and excitement that I’ve always kind of admired LACES for that,” said Alexander. “The chance to work with Mrs. Lesure, all of that was just a huge win for me.” 

Mr. Alexander boasts an extensive background in education and administration. 

“I taught first grade for 14 years near USC, and then I switched and went to RFK Community School. I was the dean and the athletic director there. I was a dean for three years, athletic director for about eight or nine. I’m also a league commissioner for the CIF. So I’ve worn a lot of hats.” 

Residing in the office adjacent to the attendance office, Alexander is in charge of operations such as attendance, graduation, athletics, and student leadership clubs. Outside of school, he spends his time making art, most notably murals.

“Along with working with students, art is the one thing I’m really passionate about,” said Alexander. 

Some of his work can be found near the school and around Los Angeles. “I have a mural close to the school here. It was a Black Lives Matter mural … I chose a wall that was far bigger than any wall I’ve ever done. So it was a challenge,” Alexander said.

If you haven’t had the opportunity to meet Mr. Alexander, chances are you’ve seen his vibrant outfits and variety of Air Jordans. Since childhood, Alexander has been obsessed with the shoes. His love for pop culture and art ties into his appreciation for fashion. If you walk into his office, you might hear some Sade playing in the background.

“I love shoes. I love music. I love art. I grew up being a sports fan, and I grew up in the Pacific Northwest, so I was a big fan of Nike already, and I couldn’t afford the Jordans when I was younger. I got maybe one pair every couple years. So then when I got older and I could buy Jordans, I probably have purchased too many,” Alexander said.

LACES is excited to welcome Mr. Alexander to the community.