LACES Untied

LACES Untied

LACES Untied

Just Ask Z

Help! I have a C in math and I can’t seem to get my grade up. I lied to my dad about it so I could hang out with my friends. 20-week grades are being shipped out soon, and I have my friend’s birthday this weekend. What should I do?

Z´s Advice: 

I think that lying to your parents about your grades can be a huge mistake considering the fact that your grades will be recorded until you graduate high school. I understand that spending time with friends can be very important, but so are grades and if your grades reflect whether you can hang out with your friends or not, I would highly suggest talking to your math teacher to find a way to bring up your grade in the class and then explain to your parents about the situation you are in. Although a C is passing, sometimes we push ourselves to try our best. The last thing I want my parents to find out is that I lied to them about my grades just to hang out with friends. I think communication and effort is an important thing that needs to be implemented in these types of situations.